Body talk with Elle is the blog for All Star Massage, located in North Fort Myers, Florida. Here Elle Catalan shares the benefits of massage therapy, suggestions for home care, massage appointment availability and the various massage techniques and services offered All Star Massage.
Search This Blog
5 Ways massage therapy can help you lose weight
Anyone who has ever had a massage will tell you that a massage feels wonderful. Even having a deep tissue massage makes you feel great afterwards. Massage helps reduce stress and speeds up recovery time after heavy physical activity or injury, but can it help you achieve your weight loss goals?
Sure it can! Here's how:
1) Massage increases circulation and brings vital nutrition to your muscles. A post work-out massage will supply those overworked muscles with nutrients and oxygen-enriched blood at a faster rate than without massage. Thus, speeding up the recovery process.
2) A shortened recovery period, means you can safely get back to your work out sooner. You will burn even more calories to achieve your weight loss goals with less down time in between.
3) Massage improves your muscle's range of motion and flexibility. A muscle that is reaching it's max flexibility and range of motion is stronger and achieves greater performance while active.
4) Because massage can improve your flexibility and range of motion, it will help prevent injuries; the injuries that will keep you from your work out.
5) Last but not least, while you are slimming down, a massage can help smooth out your skin's appearance. Massage aids in moving lymph fluids. It can help reduce the appearance of puffiness and dimpling of the skin. Techniques can be used to to break up fascia thereby freeing up your skin's movement as well as the muscles underneath.
So there you have it!
Massage therapy has many ways to directly and indirectly impact your weight loss goals! If you've started a weight loss/exercise regimen, I encourage you to include massage therapy as part of your plan.
Are you ready to start? Click Book Now to book your massage with me now!
I've just added a 30 minute cupping massage session to the online scheduler!
If you aren't able to commit to a 90 minute massage session to take advantage of the free cupping offer for the month of August, you can still try it out!
Using suction from vacuum cups, muscles are relaxed using negative pressure by being drawn upward instead of pushed. Helps with pain, inflammation, and circulation.
20-25 min cupping followed by brief finishing massage. Only $40! Schedule now right here
I just want to give everyone a heads up!
I will keep all appointments as scheduled for the week of September 11th.
If Lee County, Florida is affected by Hurricane Irma, I will email those scheduled a cancellation email of their appointment.
Please, if you wish to cancel your appointment, do not hesitate to notify me.
With all that said, and most importantly, please be prepared, be wise with your planning and stay safe.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and while there may be some controversy around wearing pink, we are making this month about YOU, whether you have breast cancer or not. (Men, I’m looking at you too.)
Cancer isn’t predictable and it isn’t pretty, but here are a few simple ways to take care of yourself and honor your breasts.
Lead by Example Perform monthly self breast exams, get knowledgeable about your body, and schedule regular mammograms. Make sure you schedule a clinical breast exam with your primary care physician, too. Set a good example for the loved ones around you by incorporating healthy practices. This can include, starting a garden, eating as organic as possible, exercising regularly, and packing healthy lunches for your kids.
Talk to Your Family and Friends Teach your children about self care and good breast health. Tell them about the health risks that come with smoking and alcohol. Talk with your kids, siblings, parents and grandparents about your family’s health his…